You are eligible to apply for First Workings if you are:
- A High School Junior from one of our School Partners:
- Bronx Prep
- Democracy Prep Charter High School (134th)
- Democracy Prep Endurance High School
- Democracy Prep Harlem High School
- Democracy Prep Harlem Prep High School
- Harlem Village Academies High
- KIPP NYC College Prep High School
- Manhattan Village Academy
- New Visions AMS I (Terrace View Avenue)
- New Visions AMS II (Tinton Avenue)
- New Visions HUMI (Terrace View Avenue)
- New Visions HUMII (Southern Boulevard)
- Legally permitted to work in the United States
- Able to obtain working papers from your school
Round 1 –
After the First Workings team presents to your school, you will be sent an email with a link to the application. The online application focuses on college and career interests, extracurriculars, and why you want to join First Workings. In addition to the online application, all applicants are required to submit at least one teacher or counselor recommendation. The application and recommendation are all online.
Round 2 –
After applicants submit their online application and recommendation, candidates will be notified if they are selected for an interview. Not all applicants will move on the Interview Round. The Interview Round will be held at each school by the First Workings team.
Round 3 –
The Decision and Match
Following interviews, candidates will receive their decision status by email. All accepted First Workings interns commit to participating in trainings and the two-week period internship by signing the Internship Agreement Form. Interns will be notified of their match internship site in May.
Who Do We Look For?
First Workings looks for students who are…
- Committed to their academics and extracurriculars
- Leaders inside and outside the classroom
- Excited to take on new assignments and challenges
- Positive attitude
- Respectful of peers and supervisors